[mythtv-users] http_proxy environment variable causing a raft of problems

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 14:04:34 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:

> That's just not how things are set up here and this set up works for
> everything else except MythTV.  Do you really think it's acceptable to
> have to re-engineer the network because 1 out of dozens of applications
> is broken?

Well, yes, if the network is improperly engineered in the first place.
And because it is not just one application, it is a class of applications
(likely any Qt based network application).  Now, I can understand why
one sometimes picks up a hammer to drive in a screw, but that still
does not make it the appropriate tool to use in all cases.  Rather than
trying to find hammers, I choose to properly engineer the infrastructure.
You are free to choose differently and continue to use your hammer.