[mythtv-users] DVB T2 Tuners For UK Freeview.

Ian Barton lists at wilkesley.net
Wed Dec 18 13:43:57 UTC 2013

On 17/12/13 11:45, veehexx wrote:

> ---- On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:06:15 +0000 *Another Sillyname
> <anothersname at googlemail.com>* wrote ----
>
>     Have the TBS card and am just upgrading to the quad tuner 6284 from
>     the dual tuner 6280, would recommend.
>
>     Have read that latest kernel breaks drivers for 290e stick, not sure
>     if true so perhaps others can confirm/refute.
>

> The 290e was tempting for me, before i saw this thread about the kernel.
> Unfortunately USB is the only option for me (unless there is a UK IPTV
> DVB-T2 device for a reasonable cost which i've not found) as my ITX
> server already has it's slot used for a 6980 dvb-s2 card.
>
> i know the 290e has all but the latest kernel support; is it just a case
> of manually compiling the drivers (i presume they're available) to get
> it working again?

A bit more research shows that the current Arch kernel has this problem.
It's relatively simple to patch the Arch kernel. However, I assume this
is a single tuner and currently costs around £80 in the UK. For £90 I
can get the TBS6280 from British Telecom, which has two tuners and is
known to work.

In any case I'll probably wait until early January before doing
anything. Messing with a Myth system over Christmas is sure to end in
tears and me being locked in the cellar:)

Ian.