[mythtv-users] Moving from package to compile from source

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Wed Dec 18 10:31:10 UTC 2013

Mark Perkins wrote:
> I'm kind of hoping it is as simple as just sudo apt-get remove
> mythfrontend / mythbackend / mythbuntu-control-centre and then git
> pull / ./configure, make, make install

There are always options you'll want to pass to configure, depending on
if you're compiling a frontend, backend or combined.

My compile line for my backend is:

./configure --enable-libx264 --enable-libfaac --enable-nonfree
--disable-joystick-menu --enable-libxvid --enable-libmp3lame
--disable-mythlogserver --disable-libcec

You'll also have to compile any plugins that you'll want to use.  I
don't use plugins any more, but when I did, my compile line was:

./configure --disable-mythbrowser --disable-mythgallery
--disable-mythgame --disable-mythnews --disable-mythzoneminder

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: