[mythtv-users] Firmware not found?!

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Dec 17 20:00:49 UTC 2013

>> Now, /lib is a symbolic link to /usr/lib with the newer layout (Fedora18
>> and above?), so I'm not sure if that is freaking it out.  I'd just like
>> to get this back in to working order so as to restore TV services while
>> looking in to what the nextgen build should be.
> Too many places it might be looking.  Mixing kernels
> and various user space utilities sometimes produces
> interesting results.
>
> Try (as root), a
>    rmmod ivtv; modprobe ivtv ivtv_debug=127
> and see if any additional useful messages are displayed.

Very true, and that mix turned out to be the cause of that symptom..

I ended up biting the bullet and moving to different hardware (non VIA)
to enable Fedora 19 to function for my backend.  And judging by input
from others, I plan to (slowly?) move from the internal PVR-150's to
HD-PVR's.

Thanks!
-Rich