[mythtv-users] Video art not being automatically downloaded in 0.27?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Dec 16 18:52:14 UTC 2013

On Dec 16, 2013, at 8:50, Larry T <larryt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
>> On 12/16/2013 6:56 AM, Larry T wrote:
>>> I am experiencing the same problem.
>>>
>>> I spent yesterday looking into this after rebuilding one of my computers. It appears that the images are actually being downloaded and stored. However, the videometadata database table does not appear to be getting updated with the file names. If you do a manual metadata lookup on one with existing images (images downloaded prior to this problem), it will actually remove the file names from the table. I may look into this more but that is the extent of my investigation so far.
>>
>> Standard whipping boy for any anomalous Video Library behavior, are you using "file browse" mode?
>>

> I am using List view in Mythbuntu theme across all frontends. Am I answering the right question? Thanks for your help.

The "browse by" options control what the data is, the views control how the data is presented, and the mode controls where the data comes from.  Normally, data comes from the videos and associated metadata stored in the database.  When you enable "file browse" mode, you bypass the database and tell the Video Library to operate off the file system directly.  Most strange behavior in the Video Library can be traced back to trying to manipulate the database when in this database-independent mode.