[mythtv-users] Tuning issues

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 02:04:23 UTC 2013

On 16/12/13 12:36, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Thanks for giving an explanation of what's going on.
>
> But there's no solution there..
>
> What do you mean with resorting to a little SQL?
>
> how do you know which channel to keep and which one to delete?

I'm not even sure yet if this is a solution although it worked for me
once as a work-around.

Before starting a full channel scan I run the following in sql.

truncate videosource
truncate dtv_multiplex
truncate channelscan_dtv_multiplex
truncate channelscan_channel
truncate channelscan
truncate channel
truncate cardinput
truncate captuecard

I believe that this is in fact a superset of the much mentioned advice
to delete all capture_cards (and sources) on all hosts.

Then I proceed to add cards and sources and to relate the sources to the
cards.

I then execute a full channel scan

Then to see what the scan had detected I go to a different xterm and run
this sql query

SELECT chan_num, channel_id, mplex_id, callsign, freqid  FROM
channelscan_channel;

It seems to me that channelscan_channel holds the results of the channel
scan.

The result looks a little like this:

+----------+------------+----------+----------------------+--------+
| chan_num | channel_id | mplex_id | callsign             | freqid |
+----------+------------+----------+----------------------+--------+
| 5        |          0 |        0 | Maori Television     | 36     |
| 22       |          0 |        0 | Parliament           | 36     |
| 11       |          0 |        0 | Trackside            | 36     |
| 5        |          0 |        0 | Maori Television     | 37     |
| 22       |          0 |        0 | Parliament           | 37     |
| 11       |          0 |        0 | Trackside            | 37     |

Then having decided which channels I wanted (in the above case those
with freqid = 36 )

I ran
DELETE FROM channelscan_channel WHERE frequid = 37;

Then I could return to mythtv-setup and do the channel editing.

Hope this helps

Regards

Tony