[mythtv-users] HDPVR HD Recordings are in 4:3 format

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 15 13:13:25 UTC 2013

On 12/15/2013 01:02 AM, Karl Newman wrote:
> Thanks for pushing me on this. I forgot to try to set the DisplaySize
> with xrandr (--fbmm argument), because instead of preserving the
> specified DisplaySize, xrandr inexplicably preserves the DPI instead.
> So now with specifying the correct Display Size, I can eliminate the
> Video Aspect Override.

Great.  I'm glad you got it working.  I'll be the first to admit
that--especially in "non-typical" configurations--getting X configured
properly isn't necessarily easy, but...

> As a bonus, now that the DPI is correct for the display the fonts are
> bigger too, which my wife appreciates for readability.

once you do, the benefits are worth it.  Enjoy (which should be easier,
especially when the Video aspect override setting disappears).  :)

Mike