[mythtv-users] OT - UK interest, 5 more BBC channels now in HD

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Dec 13 14:43:39 UTC 2013

On 13 Dec 2013, at 10:08, David Scammell <davescammell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Cbeebies, CBBC, BBC Three, BBC News and BBC Four now broadcasting in HD, looks great on freesat but also on freeviewhd. If these were advertised and this is old news I apologise but I tend to skip the ads these days :)
>
> These have been live since the 10th, see http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/new-hd-channels.html
> Just in time for crimbo.

And have been running (mostly) for about a week before that, sorry should have mentioned it :-P

I won't be getting the additional DVBT2 mux but I have satellite too so I'm not too bothered.

Apparently there's an Al Jazeera HD channel on the Freeview (DVBT2) mux as well… No Satellite equivalent.

http://www.aljazeera.com/pressoffice/2013/11/al-jazeera-english-available-hd-freeview-20131126102749418462.html

Andre