[mythtv-users] Will the builtin player play MKVs these days?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Dec 12 22:27:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 05:02:21PM -0500, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> Don't you just hate it when the subject line is the entire question?
>
> 0.26, unless I have to go to .27 for that.

    0.23 does well with MKVs. Better than raw VOB files actually.

    In my case, this includes DVDs that are ripped apart and put back together again with
    the video in x264, audio in AC3, and image subtitles and seamless branching BDs where
    all of the individual m2ts files are strung together in the MKV.

    Both types of files are self-created using mkvmerge.

    I haven't had any problems with 0.26 but I haven't used it much yet.