[mythtv-users] My scheduler problems are back again

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Dec 11 23:00:59 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 06:21:24PM +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> Mythbuntu 12.04.3
> MythTV Version : v0.27-112-gba15be9
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
> Network Protocol : 77
> Library API : 0.27.20131107-1
> QT Version : 4.8.1
>
> I was having scheduler problems in 0.26 when recording from all three
> of the New Zealand DVB-T multiplexes at once, and from multiple
> channels on at least two of the multiplexes.  I was getting recordings
> done from the SD plus 1 hour channels instead of the real-time HD
> channels, and also occasional conflicts.
>
> A workaround was suggested for this which was to put graduated
> priorities on the DVB-T channels giving each a different priority,
> with all the channels from one multiplex having higher priority than
> those on the next multiplex.  The real-time HD versions of the
> channels on a multiplex had higher priority than the SD plus 1 hour
> versions of the channels.  That worked nicely in 0.26, but it looks
> like the changes to the way the scheduler works in 0.27 have broken
> it.  And now my lineup is causing the same problem to happen again. So
> I am hoping that someone will be able to suggest a workaround that
> will work with the 0.27 scheduler.

The handling of channel and other priorities changed in 0.27.  They
are now secondary to the recording rule priority.  I suggest you now
use custom priorities (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Custom_Priority).
The examples are fairly close to what you'll probably want to do.  For
example, I'd start with something like the following.

  channel.callsign IN ('MPLEX1CHAN1', 'MPLEX1CHAN2', 'MPLEX1CHAN3') AND
  cardinput.cardinputid IN ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 )

  channel.callsign IN ('MPLEX2CHAN1', 'MPLEX2CHAN2', 'MPLEX2CHAN3') AND
  cardinput.cardinputid IN ( 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 )

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net