[mythtv-users] Unresolved 0.27-fixes/HDPVR issues

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 18:24:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM, Oz Dror <odror7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have Ubuntu 13.10 I was not able to find the xhci as a loadable module. It
> looks like it is part of the core kernel. In that case I cannot blacklist
> it.
>
> Do you know of any other workaround

Well, to start with, it is not clear what the root cause is.
xhci is a conjecture (because it is known to have caused
problems for others).

But one could build a custom kernel with xhci as a module
(so you could blacklist it), or without xhci at all.

And if blacklisting xhci works for you, then you would do
a git bisect to find the offending patch that broke xhci
for you, and contribute that information back to LKML
(better yet, a patch, but the usb subsystem may not
be conducive to an easy patch).

Perhaps others can contribute a lighter weight solution.

Gary