[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun - Comcast shut off clear QAM

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 06:01:27 UTC 2013

On 12/11/13, 12:31 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:14 AM, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So it's happened ... comcast encrypted everything.
>>
>> What are my options?  I guess it's time to upgrade to the HDHomeRun Prime?
>> What should I know?  It's the HDHR3-CC that I want, correct?
> While I happen to like the SiliconDust products, Ceton also has
> products that will do what you want, also supported by MythTV.
> Ceton has 4 and 6 tuner devices.  SiliconDust has 3 tuner devices
> (with a 4 tuner device that can also do hardware transcoding
> expected to be announced early next year).

Really? I was certain I read an announcement recently about that unit.
It's late, so I'll not search my archived mailings, but I do believe it
was mentioned on this list.

Still, maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. It *is* 01:00 on a
stressful night of my dementia suffering father not only not sleeping,
but being quite disruptive.