[mythtv-users] Leadtek PVR 2000

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Dec 9 20:43:35 UTC 2013

On Dec 9, 2013, at 20:24, "kfoltz4 at juno.com" <kfoltz4 at juno.com> wrote:

> -Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 20:54:30 GMT
> -From: "kfoltz4 at juno.com" <kfoltz4 at juno.com>
> -To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> -Subject: [mythtv-users] Leadtek PVR 2000 configuration
>
> -I am running MythTV 2.0.25.2+fixes.20120802.46cab93-Oubuntu1 on Kubuntu
> -12.04 with a Leadtek PVR 2000 card and trying to configure for an analog
> -cable signal. The card configures as an Leadtek Winfast 2000XP Expert
> -tuner type 43. The V4L driver works with both TVTime and XAWTV but not
> -with MythTV. Is there a configuration tweak I am missing?
>
> -Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 19:52:30 -0500
> -From: Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>
> -To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> -Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Leadtek PVR 2000 configuration
>
> -On 12/8/2013 3:54 PM, kfoltz4 at juno.com wrote:
> > Is there a configuration tweak I am missing?
>
> >It's hard to tell, as you haven't given any information on how you
> >configured it, just that it doesn't work.
>
> >You should have a /dev/video0 that you configure using the V4L input in
> >MythTV. You should have some audio device visible through ALSA that you
> >will need to specify for MythTV to capture off of.
>

> Perhaps I am missing a configuration screen because MythTV locks up when I select the V4L driver. I assumed I was failing to perform a configuration adjustment in Terminal but I haven't used the software before. There is both a /dev/video0 and a /dev/video1 present and I assume MythTV is using the default video0. TVTime, xawtv and VLC all configured the video stream without my help so maybe I am unprepared for bumps in the road.

Part of the difficulty with framegrabbers such as those is that applications that merely view the video usually don't even bother with audio.  They just copy frames to the video card, and assume the system will pass the audio through on its own.  When you have to record, as with MythTV, configuration is necessarily more complex and error prone.