[mythtv-users] MythMusic in-track navigation

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Dec 9 11:50:19 UTC 2013

Copied from MythMusic regression? thread of 7 Dec: My comment, and Paul
H's reply:

> I would like to add other queries about MythMusic, which I've never really understood - or perhaps I should say 'at all'.  I would like to use it as a straightforward player of Myth radio recordings which have been stripped to just the mp2 component.  I can play a selected recording from its start at variable speeds but I haven't found step forward or back keys, and several of the key bindings shown in frontend setup don't seem active.  This is 0.27-fixes/F18/rpmfusion too.  Sorry Paul, it's me again

 > John P

PageUp/PageDown are the default skip back/forward keys.

My guess is you have the focus on one of the button lists when you are
trying to skip which will page up/down in the list rather than skip
forward/back since key presses are context sensitive. The solution is to
move away from the button list or change the FFWD/RWND keybindings to
use some other keys or use the menu options (yes the later would be a
pain to use but the option is there).

It's on my todo list to add a popup dialog which would help with jumping
around in the track by various skip amounts (similar to how jumping
around in the recording editor) as well as adding bookmarks (useful for
audio books to mark chapters or mixtapes to jump to favourite tracks etc).

Paul H.

Paul: Thanks.  I tried to move focus but still haven't activated
PageUp/PageDown here, and response to the row of buttons along the
bottom is still hit-and-miss.  But it would be good to see an edit-bar
functionality here.  Meanwhile I can use vlc...

I'm sorry to have stirred up the Watch Recordings scrolling issue.  I
knew you had made some recent commits to MythCenter-Wide but I hadn't
looked to see exactly what they were :-)  Anyway, as you said, the
ability to make adjustments for personal taste is there and is valuable.

Cheers,

John