[mythtv-users] 0.27 mythcenter theme: cannot scroll up from the top any more

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Dec 9 01:42:48 UTC 2013

At 12:26 PM +1100 12/9/13, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>IMHO, scrolling backward from A to Z is a UI no-no: and it's no wonder
>any well thought-of UI doesn't allow you to do so..
>
>It's even worse in myth theme showing the media in a grid format.
>
>You never know where you are in the list, and you can find yourself
>moving to the top of the list when it "appeared" you were right in the
>middle.
>
>confusing as!

As it is, on average, the user has to scroll through one-half of the
list to find their target.  If allowed to wrap around from A to Z, on
average, we'd only have to scroll through one-quarter of the list.
That's worthwhile, at least for me.

The user essentially _must_ recognize that the list is alphabetical
in order to use it--with or without wrapping.  Therefore, it adds no
particular confusion to allow wrapping from A to Z.

$0.02

Craig