[mythtv-users] Video art not being automatically downloaded in 0.27?

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Sat Dec 7 23:21:28 UTC 2013

I have my videos directory setup so that if I drop a file in there, or an automated process does, incron kicks off "mythutil --scanvideos". This is supposed make videos just show up in myth videos, with art work, without someone having to manually rescan every time. Why Myth frontend doesn't do something like this by default I have no idea, it's completely user unfriendly not to, but it doesn't. In MythTV 0.26 this worked as expected. Since upgrading to 0.27 it's not. The new videos *do* show up, with text info, just no artwork. This happens with ALL videos too, not just ones with multiple options. To get the art work you have to manually go to each video/TV show and manually download them in the frontend.

Did something change in mythutil in 0.27 where it is not longer capable of downloading artwork? I do not see any flags to tell it to do so. Is there some other trick/util I can use to get back the behavior I had with 0.26?