[mythtv-users] 0.27 Mythmusic regressions?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Dec 7 18:32:12 UTC 2013

On 06/12/13 11:34, birchley giles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Fedora 19 x86_64 with Mythtv 0.27 on a combined frontend /
> backend. I'm using the rpmfusion repository to get mythtv (and mythmusic)
>
> A longstanding and halting project has been to transfer my very large
> music collection from cd, cassette and vinyl to mythmusic. I've
> currently got about 6000 tracks transferred. In the past I've had
> problems with the metadata producing unhelpful track information (a
> particular problem with classical music where I prefer the composer to
> be the artist, rather than the orchestra or conductor).
>
> The process of changing and adding metadata really seemed to be
> improved in 0.26 and I was able to google images for artists and album
> covers, but this feature seems to have regressed in 0.27 - I no longer
> get the option to search the web for images and metadata. I also find
> that disabling id3 tag reading does not work in 0.27, when this
> feature worked in 0.26. Have these features been disabled or is it a
> particular problem with the rpmfusion build?
>
> As data needs changing on a per track basis in the mythmusic, I've
> found it easiest to directly hack the metadata using mysql, resulting
> in mysql tables that are a bit of mess, and I have some odds and ends
> of files / folders in the music library whose titles do not correspond
> to the database entry. But it all works, just so long as I don't
> rescan my library in it's entirety! So please don't suggest this as a
> workaround ;)
>
> Many thanks for your answers,
>
> Giles

Not sure I understand what your problem is.

If you disable tag reading it will fall back to using the filename as
the metadata based on the format you have told MythMusic to use is this
not working for you?

The search for images options are still there on the metadata editor screen.

Have you tried to fix your tags using something like the MusicBrainz
Picard tag editor? I'm curious to know how it does since I would like
you make better use of MusicBrainz and possibly something like AcoustID
to automatic pull in the correct metadata including cover art etc.

Paul H.