[mythtv-users] lapse in Schedulesdirect.org - when will it reappear?

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Fri Dec 6 16:54:41 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On 12/5/2013 10:30 PM, Leif Pihl wrote:
> >>
> >> I let my membership in "SchedulesDirect.org" lapse.
> >> I think it was close to a week that I didn't bother to fix it.
> >> I finally re-upped circa 4:30 pm Central time today.
> >> Circa 9-ish pm the program information had not yet been loaded, despite
> >> two restarts of the MythBuntu box and roughly two settings changes (or
> >> refreshes) in the MythTV Backend Settings program.
> >
> > Usually it takes 2-3 minutes.
>
> No, that's how long Schedules Direct takes to recognize that the
> account is valid.
>
> How long it takes MythTV to retry a download is separate.  It
> typically does this once per day, so on average it would take 12
> hours.
>
> Greg is correct.  The right thing to do is to log into the box and
> force a download to happen immediately. sudo mythfilldatabase
> --dd-grab-all should do the trick if it hasn't already happened by
> now.
>
> Eric

I think you mean sudo -u mythtv mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all
Replace "mythtv" with whatever user your mythbackend runs as, or even
better, just log in as that user and run it without sudo. According to
reports on this mailing list, if you run mythfilldatabase as root, it can
leave behind temp files that are accessible only by root which can cause
subsequent runs (as the mythtv user) to fail.

Karl