[mythtv-users] Help on custom recording rules 0.27

Graham Smith gqsmith at tpg.com.au
Fri Dec 6 01:54:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

With the changes to the recording rules I'm now faced with creating custom
recording rules to satisfy my recording needs.

I want to record a late edition news broadcast daily. The rule I have created
is:-
program.title='ABC News' AND program.subtitle='Late Edition'

If I use the above rule and run Test it shows the programs each day. If I
set "Record All" it only records the news on a Monday. The rest of the week
is marked as "Record All -- Earlier Showing" and are not being recorded
unless I add a over ride for each day (for the rest of the year).

So what is the magic rule to add to say record each day.

NOTE: if I use the general rule of  "Record at any time on any channel" it
does not record any Late Edition as they are marked as being "Previously
Recorded at an earlier time"

--
Regards,

Graham Smith