[mythtv-users] mythcommflag --starttime and UTC change

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Dec 5 09:57:32 UTC 2013

On 05/12/13 04:50, Tom Dexter wrote:
> I'm preparing to update from 0.25.3 some time soon.  On thing
> regarding a script I have to queue up commercial flagging has me a
> little confused:
>
> Does the --starttime option of mythcommflag (the one in the
> yyyymmddhhmmss format) expect that to use the local time or the UTC
> time as stored in the database?
>
> I'm clear on how to convert in sql and all that...I just can't find
> anything clarifying which is expected there.
>
> Thanks!
> Tom

It expects UTC, which is also used in the filename.  Here are a few
lines from a mythDVBcut log file from April, when the UK had DST and I
was running 0.26-fixes.

Input File 0:  '/mnt/sam1/recb/1001_20130421205800.mpg.old'
(2,010,633,680 bytes)

chanid 1001   starttime 2013-04-21 20:58:00 # read directly from the DB
Reformatted starttime 20130421205800
Running: mythutil --getcutlist --chanid 1001 --starttime 20130421205800 -q

I suppose the same applies with mythcommflag.  I use
mythcommflag --filename because, IIRC, I used to have problems with the
starttime format.

John P