[mythtv-users] MythTV for Http Live Streaming

John Q john_q61 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 22:21:27 UTC 2013

I am new to MythTV. I want to use it for Http Live Streaming.
I am interested in streaming my webcam live using HLS. The webcam is connected to a windows 7 64-bit desktop machine which is behind a home LAN connected to the internet via ADSL. Instead of streaming directly from the windows desktop, I want copy the M3U8 and MPEG-2 TS files to a web server located in a data center in another city. This is mainly due to bandwidth considerations as I cannot serve multiple simultaneous connections from my desktop.
So far so good. But for this I will have to continuously copy files to the server.
If possible, I would like to avoid copying the files continuously to the server and instead produce TS and M3U8 files directly on the server.
I have these questions about MythTV-
1. Does MythTV support live streaming using HLS?
2. Can I run MythTV on my windows desktop but get it to somehow create M3U8 and TS files directly on the remote server in a specified directory (either using sftp or scp or any other mechanism internally)?
3. If MythTV does not do this, is there any other available HLS software that I can look at and which will produce M3U8 and TS files directly on the remote server machine?
Appreciate your answers and thanks in advance.
Kind Regards
John