[mythtv-users] Extant Ubuntu 13.10 install, adding a MythTV frontend

Jason Ward JasonFWard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 14:10:27 UTC 2013

----- Original message -----
From: Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org>
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Extant Ubuntu 13.10 install, adding a MythTV
frontend
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 16:45:47 -0500

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Jason Ward <JasonFWard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Only the real backend has not been contacted at all according to its
> logs, and there is no content at all within the frontend.

Does the backend have its database open to connections from other than
localhost?

(In other words, you should not have bind-address = 127.0.0.1 in
/etc/mysql/my.conf.)

Is there a firewall between (or on) the backend and your frontend?

Have you successfully used this backend with any other frontend (not
counting the backend system itself)?

Eric

> Does the backend have its database open to connections from other than
> localhost?
>
> (In other words, you should not have bind-address = 127.0.0.1 in
> /etc/mysql/my.conf.)

Well no, it turns out it doesn't, despite the fact that I'm sure I set
it to 0.0.0.0 for listen on all addresses assigned.

> Is there a firewall between (or on) the backend and your frontend?

No

> Have you successfully used this backend with any other frontend (not
> counting the backend system itself)?

No, although I know have new avenues to explore.

Jason