[mythtv-users] after 0.27 upgrade, FEs not playing mythtv:// protocol; storage groups are gone

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Dec 4 00:55:46 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 18:28 +0000, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Not as crazy as it sounds.

It is in the context of the description of my original problem where
during a single "session" (i.e. no hostname changes between attempts to
play recordings) recordings from only 1 of 3 directories on a single BE
in the same storage group will play and recordings from the other 2
directories cannot be retrieved.

So please let's not let this thread wander way off into the weeds about
what kind of havoc changing hostnames can cause over longer periods of
time.

> The solution to all this is to put a unique identifier into your config.xml file

Which I always do, so further evidence that this problem has nothing to
do with hostname changes, so please, let's not go any further off into
the weeds about changing hostnames.

Cheers,
b.