[mythtv-users] mythweb not working

Phil Ayre phil.ayre at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 3 22:08:01 UTC 2013

Hi all, first post so I hope this is OK...

I'm having a problem with mythweb that I cannot resolve.  When I go to
[backend server server ip]/mythweb i see the mythweb homepage, however, any
link i click on from here results in a blank page displaying the error:

Not Found

The requested URL /mythweb/mythweb.php/tv/list was not found on this server.

  _____

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.x.xxx Port 80

I cannot seem to fix this, even with the helpful hands at
http://ubuntuforums.org (see my original thread here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2179047 )

Essentially I am running by backend machine on ubuntu server 12.04, myth
0.27 and have two apachie websites, one for phpvirtualbox (which works as
expected) and one for mythweb which is just plain broken.

I have checked the logs (/var/log/apache2) and found no errors beyond

[Wed Nov 13 17:18:32 2013] [error] [client 192.168.x.x] File does not exist:
/var/www/mythweb/mythweb.php/tv/recorded, referer:
http://192.168.x.x/mythweb/

And I have setup my /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mythweb.conf file using the
instructions here: https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/blob/master/INSTALL so
it looks like this:

# CHANGE THESE PATHS TO MATCH YOUR MYTHWEB INSTALLATION DIRECTORY! e.g.
#
# /var/www
# /home/www/htdocs
# /var/www/mythweb/mythweb
# /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb
#
<Directory "/var/www/mythweb/data">
Options -All +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec
</Directory>
<Directory "/var/www/mythweb" >

Etc...

I am totally stumped.  Any ideas where the error could be?  I'm new to
mythtv and webservers but have read about as much as I can on this topic!

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Phil