[mythtv-users] NVidia driver repo for SuSE

Scott Smith pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 3 18:32:35 UTC 2013

________________________________
 From: Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com>
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:03 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] NVidia driver repo for SuSE

The OpenSUSE wiki suggests, here:

  http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_drivers

that there ought to be drivers for 13.1 built by now (more than a week after
20 November :-) here:

  ftp://download.nvidia.com/opensuse

but, as you can see if you click, there aren't.

Does anyone know where it would be most productive of me to inquire on
that topic?  It's pretty clear whom ever is packaging Myth isn't going
to build .27 for anything older than 13.1, so if I want to stay with
packages -- and I do; I've build from source before ;-) -- then I have
no choice but to dist-upgrade.  For which I can't get VGA drivers.

It's the dirty little secret of open source, componentized software...

Cheers,
-- jra

--
Make Election Day a federal holiday: http://wh.gov/lBm94  100k sigs by 12/14

Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                      jra at baylink.com
Designer                     The Things I Think                       RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates     http://baylink.pitas.com         2000 Land Rover DII
St Petersburg FL USA               #natog                      +1 727 647 1274

I dont think you can really go anywhere as the repo is provided by nvidia, its up when its up.
I just went ahead and installed the kernel devel packages and built the nvidia module manually. When the repo comes I will switch as to not be annoyed by the hassle of rebuilds with each kernel update.