[mythtv-users] None of recorded shows getting commerical flagged

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 3 15:12:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 12:57:32 -0000, Nasa <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:

> it wasn't too drastic (as some were very old) -- adding the jobqueue
> option did provide me with some more insight.  As soon as I added it I
> got a bunch of the following messages:
>
> Dec  3 07:52:08 HTPC mythbackend: mythbackend[26228]: I JobQueue
> jobqueue.cpp:454 (ProcessQueue) JobQueue: Skipping 'Flag Commercials'
> job for chanid 1209 @ 20131118210000, current time is outside of the Job
> Queue processing window.
>
> So we know the items are being skipped and it looks like by design.
> Does this mean those jobs will never be done and I should just delete
> them?  BTW: what size is the "window"?
>
> Nasa

mythtv-setup/General/Job Queue page: Job Queue Start/End time, which
defaults to 00:00 - 23:59.

Maybe you've inadvertently set a null window, i.e. 00:00 - 00:00, or too
small a window to process all your jobs. There should be other INFO log
messages telling you what the window is - "Currently set to run new jobs
from..."

Of course, when the time window comes round your jobs may then fail for a
different reason...