[mythtv-users] Really frustrated trying setup MythTV

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 3 01:24:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 19:43:14 -0000, Jason Ward <JasonFWard at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Are you sure xmltv is configured properly ?
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Uk_xmltv >>
>OK, that appears to have moved me forward, in so much as I now have two
> XML files that match my video sources, except I'm slightly confused >as
> they are located in my /.mythtv folder rather than the
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv folder where I would have expected them to live
> (since the >backend logs in as "mythtv" I believe).
>Also during the configuration of these sources I get these errors:
>"XMLTV channel 'border.itv1.itv.co.uk' (25) not seen on RT site
>Use of uninitialized value $chan_name in pattern match (m//) at
> /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 690.
> Use of uninitialized value $chan_id_to_name{"border.itv1.itv.co.uk"} in
> uc at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 697.
> Use of uninitialized value $chan_id_to_name{"border.itv1.itv.co.uk"} in
> uc at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 697.
> Use of uninitialized value $chan_id_to_name{"border.itv1.itv.co.uk"} in
> uc at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 697.
> Use of uninitialized value $chan_id_to_name{"border.itv1.itv.co.uk"} in
> uc at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 697.
> Use of uninitialized value $chan_id_to_name{"border.itv1.itv.co.uk"} in
> uc at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 697.
> Use of uninitialized value $chan_id_to_name{"border.itv1.itv.co.uk"} in
> uc at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 697.
> Use of uninitialized value $chan_id_to_name{"border.itv1.itv.co.uk"} in
> uc at /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 697.
> no 'id' attribute in channel at /usr/share/perl5/XMLTV.pm line 2345."
>I have no idea if this is important or not.
>
> But as of right now, I still only have 8 days of scheduling data which I
> always had from the on-air schedules anyway.

mythtv_setup does generate the xml config files in the users folder. Did
you run it as the user? You should move (or symlink) them to
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/ for mythfilldatabase to find.

I don't know why the Border channel has disappeared but it shouldn't
affect the other channels.

Note that the EIT data & XMLTV data will conflict/overwrite each other so
you shouldn't use both at the same time. You should turn EIT off for now
(mythtv-setup/Video source).

There are options in mythtv_setup/General to control when mythfilldatabase
runs but it's probably easier just to wait 24 hrs and check
/var/logs/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log to see what happens.

If you still have problems then pastebinit that log for us.