[mythtv-users] The "This channel:" filter in 0.27 causes broken mythweb behavior

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Tue Dec 3 01:00:01 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM, F.B. Parker <fbp.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> I'm running MythTV 0.27 under mythbuntu 12.04. I always use mythweb to
> schedule recordings.
>
> I see in 0.27 that when setting up a scheduled recording in mythweb, I no
> longer have the option to do (e.g.) "Record at any time on channel 45_1". I
> now have to do "Record at any time on any channel." And then under Advanced
> Options -> Filters, I check the "This channel:" checkbox.
>
> If I click "Recording schedules" in mythweb, I get two behaviors in the
> "Channel" column, one correct and one arguably broken.
>
> If I schedule a single episode of a show, then the "Channel" column in
> "Recording schedules" shows the correct channel.
>
> However if I schedule a show with "Record at any time on any channel." and
> then check the Advanced Options -> Filters -> "This channel:" checkbox, the
> channel column in "Recording schedules" shows [any].
>
> It seems to me that this is broken behavior. (And honestly, I wish it was
> possible to go back to the older and IMO better "Record at any time on
> channel 18_2" behavior.)
>
> -FBP

Filter support in mythweb is pretty basic (including the "This Channel"
filter). I created a patch to improve the filter functionality--now filters
from the Default profile will be used (and another patch so that filters
can also be used for custom and manual schedules). I played with this a
little bit and I can get it to display like you want, but something else is
going on with my mythweb that is zeroing out the channel when I edit and
save a "Any Time on Any Channel" schedule, so I need to track that down.

Karl