[mythtv-users] Extant Ubuntu 13.10 install, adding a MythTV frontend

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Mon Dec 2 22:05:03 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Jason Ward <JasonFWard at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Yea both of those do the same thing. I was giving you a graphical and
non-graphical way of doing it. Regarding the backend that gets
installed, that is a bug in the repo packages that I believe is fixed
in newer versions (from the Mythbuntu PPA). You can safely uninstall
the backend that gets installed and it should be just fine (I don't
think you'll need to enable the Mythbuntu repo, but I'd recommend it
anyway).

If you start mythfrontend from the command line, it prints the log to
the terminal, so you could see what was going on there. (and copy that
here if necessary)

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos