[mythtv-users] Moving foreign TV shows to videos

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 17:10:12 UTC 2013

Our local PBS channel has been broadcasting several mystery series from
many different countries (Sweden, Germany, France, Italy).  Some examples
are: Detective Montalbano, Don Matteo, and Maigret.  Schedules Direct has
all of the correct information about each show (in English) which shows up
in the Title, Subtitle and episode description.  I would like to save these
episodes in my permanent video library and get it out of the Recordings
directory; however, I cannot figure out how to move the English titles and
description into the video metadata automatically.  When I try to use
mythvidexport, it fails when (I'm assuming) it fails to find the episode in
the TMDB in English.  Even if it could find the correct episode in the
original language (which does exist in the TMDB), I wouldn't want the
native language descriptions.  I currently have about 70 - 100 of these
shows I'd like to move and would prefer not to have to enter this metadata
manually.  I'm hoping someone else in MythLand would have encountered this
before and have some ideas on how to automate this.

-- Ken E.