[mythtv-users] Hardware question

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Aug 29 19:54:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 15:18 -0400, Stephen P. Villano wrote:
> Interestingly enough, a Sparkle GeForce 210 PCI is $10 cheaper than the
> Jaton ATI Radeon HD5450 512MB DDR3, not that I ever heard of Sparkle,
> but specs are specs.
> Either one isn't a bank breaker, let alone a budget breaker.
>
> On 8/29/13 2:37 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> > On Aug 29, 2013, at 14:29, Captain Hook <captainhookzero at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I've had good luck with the GeForce 210.
> > Note the PCI requirement.  While there are PCI versions available, they're rare and about 2-3x the price.

AFAIK
There are no PCI versions of any nVidia cards from 200 series onwards..
I think the last PCI card was a special rare version of 8400.
PCIexpress is completely different to PCI.
Most of the marketing specs just delete the most important detail.

Sparkle is a common bottom end branding here..never heard of Jaton.