[mythtv-users] Pixelation/Bad Recordings HDHR Prime -- I am at my wits end

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Aug 29 15:59:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 09:15:58 -0600, you wrote:

>On Thu, 2013-08-29 at 12:06 +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>
>> Getting an IPv6 is a good first step, but it has to support DHCP-PD
>> (with public addresses) for it to be a viable IPv6 gateway device.  I do
>> not suppose you know if it can do that?
>
>My experience with IPv6 is very limited. I don't really know what
>DHCP-PD means or how to tell if it is supported.
>
>--Greg

DHCP Prefix Delegation.  It delegates DHCP prefixes (think IPv6
address blocks) so that all subnets get their own prefix to do DHCP
from.  Any IPv6 DHCP server should be able to do that, as it is
necessary for any network with DHCP that has subnets, but I am not
sure if they actually do.  My Cisco 877 ADSL router will only do
prefix delegation - it does not do the normal DHCP for IPv6.