[mythtv-users] Pixelation/Bad Recordings HDHR Prime -- I am at my wits end

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Aug 28 20:08:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-28 at 19:43 +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>  most, apparently, want one (cable) modem to rule them
> all; phone, wifi, router/gateway, dhcp server, etc.).  To be honest, it
> probably is the easiest to explain to most people.

Yes, that's what I meant by a "one size fits all" solution. Most of
Comcast's customers don't even know or care what an "IP address" is,
they just want their Internet connection to work. Most of them will
consider it great that they can now connect multiple computers, and they
don't need their own router or wireless access point. I can certainly
see the value of this for most people. Plug and play.

>  This list tends to
> be populated by those that do things slightly differently.

Indeed. I'm sure that 99% of Comcast's customers have no idea what an
"IPSEC Tunnel" is.

--Greg