[mythtv-users] Pixelation/Bad Recordings HDHR Prime -- I am at my wits end

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Wed Aug 28 01:15:08 UTC 2013

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Stephen P. Villano
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:41 PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Pixelation/Bad Recordings HDHR Prime -- I am at
my wits end

A gain of 10.2-11 at the end of the run is a gain of 10.2-11 of both noise
and signal, where the noise is much, much higher. That is why it's been
strongly suggested that you put the booster at the entry, where the signal
is at its strongest and the noise at its minimum.
Placing the amplifier at the lossy end is one of the most common errors in
cable runs.