[mythtv-users] Recording drive disappeared...fine on reboot

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 20:24:05 UTC 2013

Turned on the TV to discover my recording drive had disappeared overnight.

I did a sudo reboot and was presented with the message:

"the disk drive for /storage1 is not ready or present"

I hit 'S' to skip mounting. The system couldn't see the physical drive at
all. I shut down and waited a minute before powering up again. The BIOS
detected the drive, fsck did not run automatically, mythbuntu loaded and
shazam, all my recordings were there.

What could have caused the drive to just disappear overnight, but then
reappear with a hard shutdown? Are there any utilities I should be running
to see what's what? Any system logs to check?

Thanks for any advice.