[mythtv-users] recent information for programming harmony remotes?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Aug 27 11:21:12 UTC 2013

On 13-08-26 07:35 PM, Jack McGee wrote:

> My OFA 9910 is turning on my TV, stereo, setting stereo to correct input
> with one button.

Nice.  I do have a JP1 remote actually.  The Harmony I have is replacing
it, but only because some of the buttons on that remote are wearing out
and almost need a jackhammer to press and get action out of.  I never
did bother looking too deeply into JP1 programming though because...

> http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/
>
> not saying they can do everything a Harmony can, but JP1 certainly adds
> a lot of functionality to these cheap remotes.

And from a link (http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/index.shtml) from
that site:

   You will need a Windows based computer, Macs and Linux based machines
   are not supported at this time.

That makes it a non-starter, for me at least.  The Windows license would
be more expensive than the Harmony remote.

b.