[mythtv-users] no EPG info in mythtv

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 26 22:01:15 UTC 2013

On 08/26/2013 04:16 PM, Sebastian Niehaus wrote:
> Hi,
>

> (sorry for my bad english, in addition im am running mythtv in german
> localisattion)
>
> Since some days after I needed to do a new seach von channels I dont get
> EPG info in mythtv.
>

> Before it has been possible but for some reason I could not understand
> some channels were  not to be received, so I thought I migt need a new
> seach for channels ...)
>

> I can watch TV on most channels (Picture and sound okay) but the
> programm guide does not fill with programm information.
>
> My Setup:
>
> - mythtv from Debian Multimedia/Wheezy, version 0.26.1-dmo1
> - DVB-S from Astra and Hotbird
> - DVB card ist configured for active EIT scan
> - tv-grabber: only broadcasted EIT

Is EIT also enabled on every channel?

> - DVB-S-Hardware "Techsan Electronics Co Ltd B2C2 FlexCopII DVB chip /
> Technisat SkyStar2 DVB card (rev 02)"

If so, it may be you're missing some of the required data.  I think
there was (is?) an issue where the transport ID or network ID isn't
always populated.  You should probably try getting a backend log with -v
eit,siparser,channel --loglevel debug to see if there's any extra
information on what's wrong.

> After the configuration with mythtv-setuß and start of the
> mythtv-backend, I ran mythfilldatabase:

Yeah, mythfilldatabase won't do anything if you're using EIT only, so no
need to run it.

Mike