[mythtv-users] HLS audio drifting or warbling

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Aug 26 05:29:12 UTC 2013

Hi everyone, I’m having problems with the audio from HLS streams created from ATSC and ivtv recordings and I’m wondering if others are too.

Basically over time the audio drifts so that by 20 minutes into a program it’s a few seconds out of sync. Repositioning the stream through the player’s slider will get sync back but usually also brings a stuttering or warbling that never goes away. This has happened before and been fixed but probably one of the ffmpeg resyncs undid the prior fixes.

The source recordings usually have ac3 audio but I also tried with some old ivtv ones with whatever that card created, probably mp3, and the problem also appears but to a lesser degree. My system is on current master and the player is apple’s osx one using safari 6 which is the current version.

I can open a ticket if need be but thought I’d bring it up here first.

- George