[mythtv-users] recent information for programming harmony remotes?

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Sun Aug 25 17:00:42 UTC 2013

On 08/25/2013 08:04 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> So, it looks like the information about programming Harmony remotes
> for MythTV (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logitech_Harmony_Generic_Setup)
> is out of date.
>
> It mentions using a "KnoppMyth" Harmony device profile but I tried
> that and all of the key programmings are empty.  The discussion of
> that wiki page mentions:
>
>   This is a useful article for understanding the process of getting this
>   working. However, the KnoppMyth profile is no longer supported by the
>   Logitech Harmony configuration software. MythDora is the MythTV
>   profile suggested by the Harmony configuration software.
>
>   Anyone with a Harmony and Mythdora lirc conf file? Please do share
>   the /etc/lirc.conf for remote codes. With this, we can clean up this
>   page and make it relevant again.
>
> But the wiki page mentions also that the Mythdora profile was
> troublesome, never mind the missing lirc configuration files for it.
>
> So, I wonder if anyone has any more recent information/experience with
> Harmony remotes (I have the 650) that they'd like to either share here
> or update the wiki with.

Hi Brian,

I found programming the harmony remotes to be way more complicated in
most of these guides than it has to be.

I bought an MCE receiver which is well supported under Linux and
MythTV.  Then I just tell harmony that I have an Microsoft Media Center PC.

Use the supplied lirc file for the MCE receiver and it all just works.

Michael