[mythtv-users] recent information for programming harmony remotes?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Aug 25 15:04:11 UTC 2013

So, it looks like the information about programming Harmony remotes for
MythTV (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logitech_Harmony_Generic_Setup) is
out of date.

It mentions using a "KnoppMyth" Harmony device profile but I tried that
and all of the key programmings are empty.  The discussion of that wiki
page mentions:

   This is a useful article for understanding the process of getting this
   working. However, the KnoppMyth profile is no longer supported by the
   Logitech Harmony configuration software. MythDora is the MythTV
   profile suggested by the Harmony configuration software.

   Anyone with a Harmony and Mythdora lirc conf file? Please do share
   the /etc/lirc.conf for remote codes. With this, we can clean up this
   page and make it relevant again.

But the wiki page mentions also that the Mythdora profile was
troublesome, never mind the missing lirc configuration files for it.

So, I wonder if anyone has any more recent information/experience with
Harmony remotes (I have the 650) that they'd like to either share here
or update the wiki with.

Cheers,
b.