[mythtv-users] upgrade to low-power-consumption-system query

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 16:03:29 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> I've had difficulty getting RS-232 adapters to work on the USB3.0 ports
> on my laptop. In theory, it should not make a difference, and the port
> should only have the electrical contacts to function in 2.0 mode, but...

Although USB is in the title, 3.0 was enough different than its predecessors
that I have found it problematic, in certain scenarios, in almost all the OS's
I have tried.  The xHCI specification may be "one USB to rule them all",
but sometimes it seems that that may have been one (USB) bridge too far.
It has gotten much better, and I am sure it will continue to improve, but
I still occasionally encounter edge cases.  There was even a recent post
about the linux kernel xHCI driver not waiting long enough for devices to
come out of sleep resulting in device disconnects.

Gary