[mythtv-users] livetv choppy DVB-S1/2 (player waited x ms for video buffers)

Stefan Pappalardo sjuk at gmx.de
Fri Aug 23 23:33:56 UTC 2013

Thank you very much for the link.

I'm glad not to be the only one who wants to find a usable solution to
the stuttering/choppy livtv problem :-)

But for now I tried something unusual:
I decreased the "ringbuffer size" in mythtv-setup to 4700 kb (default
value; max: 96256 kb).
I don't really expected an improvement, but it seems to reduce the
choppy livetv.
The logging confirms the impression by decreasing the count of messages
about waiting for video buffers.

I will give it a try, and only increase the value if I notice any
problems with HD content.

I will test the message-line-count in a few days and post it here.