[mythtv-users] nuvoton-cir as remote receiver

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 14:53:58 UTC 2013

2013/8/23 Simon Paterson <simon.paterson.nz at gmail.com>:
> On 23/08/13 08:28, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>>
>> Hello, I have a new frontend machine, and I notice that it has a IR
>> module:
>>
>> [    3.662159] IR RC6 protocol handler initialized
>> [    3.667704] IR JVC protocol handler initialized
>> [    3.673750] IR Sony protocol handler initialized
>> [    3.714253] input: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir) as
>> /devices/virtual/input/input5
>> [    3.714510] IR MCE Keyboard/mouse protocol handler initialized
>> [    3.735043] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 252
>> [    3.737365] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (nuvoton-cir)
>> registered at minor = 0
>> [    3.737371] IR LIRC bridge handler initialized
>>
>> I want to try to get it working with Debian Wheezy and a old MCE
>> remote. In the back of the HTPC it has a jack connector with EXIR
>> label, need I plug something there to get it working?
>>
>> I will appreciate your help with this hardware, I never configure it.
>>
>> Anyone with this hardware? Could someone show the hardware.conf file?
>>
>> Thanks and best regards.
>>
> I have that device in my frontend, and had it working fine with LIRC, using
> the devinput driver.
>
> This is on an Intel DH67CF motherboard. There is a header on the motherboard
> that you plug an IR receiver into.
>
> The receiver I used is this one: http://shop.inteset.com/intel-cir-receiver
> , which supports a number of Intel boards. They also have one listed for
> Asrock boards, which, from their pictures, seems the same except for a
> different pinout at the MB end. As you say you have an external connector at
> the back, you may just need to do some adapting.
>
> Regarding configuration, I don't use Debian or a derivative thereof, and
> have no idea about hardware.conf. It's been a while since I set mine up, but
> I can't recall there being anything problematic about it. If using LIRC,
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/LIRC should be a good start.
>

> Regards,
> Simon

Thanks!

I get it working with this configuration:

LIRCD_ARGS=""
START_LIRCMD=true
LOAD_MODULES=true
DRIVER="default"
DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
MODULES="lirc_dev nuvoton-cir"
LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
LIRCMD_CONF=""

The back jack (EXIR) is for add a IR receiver? or IR transmitter? It
will be great to send some IR command to the TV.

Kind regards.

--
Josu Lazkano