[mythtv-users] Mythweb Database Tab Hangs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 22 15:54:27 UTC 2013

On 08/22/2013 11:46 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Kris B. wrote:
>>   Or should I just not worry about it?  Everything else works perfectly,
>>   just this thing - and since the cron.weekly job repairs and compacts,
>>   is it just OCD taking over with me obsessing?
> As Michael said, it is doing a table check.  If your database is
> not optimally configured(*), or your system is old/slow/resource
> constrained,

or you haven't done a full/proper table check in a long time

>   this can take some time.  My guess is that if you
> were a bit more patient the page would eventually respond.

And, really, you should let it complete properly at least once to ensure
things are still good in your database.

> (*) See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Tune_MySQL

And, perhaps, consider running optimize_mythdb.pl on a regular
schedule.  I do it on a daily cron job at a time when I'm extremely
likely to be recording anything, but even a weekly run or so would be a
big help.

Mike