[mythtv-users] BE off line

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 15:05:59 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 08/20/2013 03:03 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

>>> Thanks for the info gentlemen, and for the patience, reading replies and
>>>
>>> many other posts makes me feel like less of a newbie, despite the facts.
>>>
>>>    Checking again today the recording status for my PVR-150 card is "F".
>> If
>> I'm reading you correctly, Mr. Dean I need to focus on my input
>> connections
>> after deleting all capture cards (not delete all capture cards on
>> <hostname>) and reinstalling them. I've assigned motorola to the
>> [MPEG:/dev/video2/](Tuner 1). Do I need to delete these other aspects of
>> this card?:
>> [MPEG: /dev/video2] (S-video 1)
>> [MPEG: /dev/video2] (composite 1)
>> [MPEG: /dev/video2] (S-video 2)
>> [MPEG: /dev/video2] (composite 2)
>> as these all have nothing connected to them and no source assigned? And if
>> so how? I've tried highlighting and the "d" key, to no avail.
>>

> You can't delete inputs from the Input Connections screen, as that lists
> all available inputs on the card.  You need to ensure that every single
> Capture Card has at least one input connected, and that every single Video
> Source has valid Channels and that every single Channel is in a valid (and
> connected) Video Source.  The "Input Connections configuration" is the sum
> total of all configuration related to Capture Card, Video Source, Channel,
> and Input Connections (as they're all tied together with the Input
> Connections).  So, I'm saying that /something/ in there is almost
> definitely misconfigured.  The challenge is figuring out what.  :(
>
> The "Delete all..." approach (with Video Sources and Capture Cards) simply
> deletes all of the configuration related to Input Connections, allowing you
> to start fresh with an "empty" Input Connections configuration--as if you
> had a brand new database.  Unfortunately, though, after doing that, you
> have to configure everything properly, or you'll still have problems.  That
> means you need to go through the process, again, slowly and consider all
> the instructions and things you've tried to attempt to figure out what you
> need to do differently to get a proper configuration.
>

> Mike

Ok I'm starting to narrow this down some, it's just my PVR-150 card that is
going offline, and the last couple times I have just deleted  it and not
all cards, which brings it back. I hope that is not part of my problem.
Sometimes it shows up as "video0" and others as "video2" which necessitates
me editing my "check_stb" file, but I'm learning :). The wikis that I've
seen so far don't go any further in detail for "input connections" to allow
me to find the glitch. What should I look at next? There are only two
screens for the ivtv card, I think I have the first one correct; the
recording priority numbers on the second screen continue to elevate with
each reconfiguration, this time to 0,6,6, respectively, I lowered the 6's
to 2's, but in the upcoming recordings they still show as 6. All
suggestions greatly appreciated.

Daryl