[mythtv-users] Only get NAR track when Archive to DVD

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Aug 21 12:46:12 UTC 2013

On 21/08/13 10:23, Bob Cox wrote:
> Using 0.26.0 if I try to archive a HD recording to an DVD ISO I end up with the NAR sound track instead of the normal sound track.
>
> Can I change this or have both(all) tracks archived?
>

> --
> Bob Cox <coxb at lpi.org.uk>

I think this used to be controlled by your choice of default language -
eg eng or undefined, but I've just looked through the mythtvsetup and
mythfrontend setup menus and can't see that option anymore.  It seems
unlikely that it has been dropped; maybe it's context sensitive or
someone else will remember where it is.

Have you actually lost the main soundtrack, or is it just not the
default on playback?  Maybe try hitting + during playback to switch.

I have rarely used the HD > DVD route because it takes so much longer
than SD > DVD without transcoding and the results haven't looked
noticeably better, but YMMV.  I've just tried a short example that
worked ok.

John P