[mythtv-users] Adjust Audio Sync issue during recording playback

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 13:25:53 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Dave Ulrick <d-ulrick at comcast.net> wrote:

> Some of the recordings I make occasionally have lipsync issues. While
> playing them in mythfrontend (0.26), I use Menu -> Audio -> Adjust Audio
> Sync while playing the recording. The right and left arrows increase and
> decrease the audio sync value, and Enter or Esc accept the value. This is
> fine if I already have a good idea of which sync value is optimal for the
> recording, but sometimes I need to watch the recording for a while to
> confirm that my audio sync adjustment is correct. If I wait too long, the
> Audio Sync adjustment GUI is automatically exited. If I don't notice this
> and try to make further sync adjustments with the arrow keys, I sometimes
> end up skipping forward or back within the recording. This can be quite an
> inconvenience.
>
> Is there any way to configure mythfrontend so the Audio Sync adjustment
> GUI would stay active until I hit Enter or Esc? I'd like to be able to
> "sit" in the Audio Sync GUI until I've watched as much of the recording as
> necessary to confirm that I've got the adjustment tweaked to my liking.
>
> There's no way to do at present this without modifying the code.

However, this is a very legitimate complaint that has bothered me for
years, so I finally did something about it. :)  For Master / 0.27, the
dialog timeouts are disabled for these dialogs:
  Adjust Audio Sync
  Adjust Subtitle Delay
  Adjust Subtitle Zoom
  Adjust Time Stretch

Changes made are applied in real time (as before), and the dialog goes away
only when you press SELECT, EXIT, or some other action that brings up a
different dialog.

Jim