[mythtv-users] Anyone using arm with mythbackend?

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Tue Aug 20 11:57:13 UTC 2013

On 20/08/2013 11:17 p.m., Raymond Wagner wrote:

> An RPi is on the par with a low end Pentium II.  Even if you resolve the memory issues, it will always be sluggish.  I would say the same thing to anyone attempting to turn an old PII into a frontend by stuffing a PCI nVidia card into it.

I considered doing this awhile ago for some fun with a PIII 500 with 1G
of RAM a while ago, however the possibility that the PCI bus would not
power the (relatively) power hungry NVIDIA card put me off, and even
risked killing the motherboard, was difficult to find real data to
reassure me to take the plunge.  Potential uses for the old PIII kit
keep getting less!

Can someone comment on the possibility of using an ARM device as a low
power always on backend wi