[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase with json source

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 20 04:52:47 UTC 2013

On 07/28/2013 05:22 PM, Andréas Kühne wrote:
> As far as I know I'm not using any grabber at all, but using
> mythfilldatabase directly. I could be wrong though. Anyway, thanks for
> the suggestion. I'll check it out and see what I can do.

FWIW, mythfilldatabase only supports XMLTV-formatted data and/or XMLTV
grabbers, or direct data import from Schedules Direct/TMS.  So if you
weren't running an XMLTV grabber, it sounds like TVTab.la was running
the grabber for you.  Based on http://tvtab.la/xmltv , where it mentions
using tv_grab_se_tvzon , I'm pretty certain I can say one of you two is
running tv_grab_se_tvzon (in spite of my inability to read much of
anything else on the page :).

So the best approach would still be to fix up the grabber, and let all
tv_grab_se_tvzon users benefit without having to find your external
converter project.  If you're up for helping with it, you may want to
check in with the XMLTV project.

Mike