[mythtv-users] Rerecord large groups of recordings in digital

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Aug 20 01:40:00 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-18, at 7:42 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have finally got a cablecard for my HDHR prime and I would like to have mythtv rerecord any existing program I have already recorded using the HDHR prime. I have adjusted tuner priorities so the HDHR is preferred over the pvr500 card. Also the pvr500 is in a different video source than the HDHR prime so I am able to manually rerecord programs from the upcoming recordings page of mythweb. I want to know is there an easy way to make this automatic. Can I flag groups of recordings to rerecord.

I did something like this for a friend who wanted to upgrade her collection of favourite House episodes from analog cable to digital OTA. On the digital channel we did a record all this channel and for duplicate matching we said only in current recordings & gradually her faves are being upgraded. I also did a SQL report to mail her a list of duplicates every week and she manually reviews and deletes. The key here is the digital channel is different from the analog one.

I imagine this could be made generic with a custom query that selects your desired titles when they appear in the new source and a row exists with the same programid and the old source. That involves a lot of hunting so I doubt this would perform very well.

Since the list of shows to rerecord is static(ish) you might instead get their programids and do a custom query matching on the new source and programid in the giant list of IDs. I assume programid is indexed so this would run efficiently.

- George